Senior Go EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
Are you interested in Blockchain? And interested in solving fascinating problems with fascinating tools? We're currently on the lookout for exceptional Golang engineers to join a Berlin-based FinTech market leader who are expanding their tech team here in Bulgaria via TechPods.
The company offers the world’s first all-in-one platform combining a regular bank account, crypto wallets, and seamless Bitcoin & Ethereum trading options. Our customers can easily buy and sell Bitcoin & Ether - whether online or mobile - with fast liquidity directly from their bank account.
In this position, you will work as part of a squad team within the “Platform” team. A “Platform” developer at TechPods is defined as a Software Developer / Engineer that supports the banking operations function of the business. A “Feature / UI” developer is defined as a developer who supports our customer products and systems.
A Software Engineer in this position will work as part of a squad team within our specialised Engineering Chapter. Their core responsibilities will include working within their squad to support the banking function by writing new functionality, maintaining and enhancing existing functionality, supporting developments carried out by our UI Feature teams and providing production support where required.
They will also be responsible for coaching, mentoring and onboarding new developers as well as interviewing and reviewing coding challenges for potential candidates.
A Senior Platform Software Engineer at TechPods will have the following core responsibilities:
Working with their squad, their assigned Product Owner and Technical Lead to carry out required software development tasks. More specifically this will include, but is not limited to:
- Development around the banking API layer
- Integrating with our core banking system
- Supporting Feature/UI teams by implementing banking layer changes
- Setting up, developing and maintaining connectors to third party satellite systems
- Maintenance and improvement of existing code
- Investigating, debugging and resolving bugs and issues
- Writing automated tests and carrying out manual testing where required
- Completing technical designs
Actively participating in their squad’s agile activities, ceremonies and general discussions. More specifically this will include, but is not limited to:
- Providing daily updates on their development activities (daily standups)
- Estimating stories and tasks (sprint planning and refinement)
- Providing feedback and suggestions for improvements (team retrospectives)
- Contributing to technical planning sessions by providing feedback, where required, on technical designs
- Presenting/demonstrating their developments to their squad and other company stakeholders
Working with their squad to develop and deliver work to agreed timeframes and development standards.
- Coaching and mentoring existing and new Engineers in our codebase and our development practices. This also includes peer programming with other Engineers to help them develop their knowledge and skills in our stack and development processes.
- Onboarding new Engineers by providing assistance and helping them with their technical onboarding plan.
- Reviewing coding challenges for potential Engineers and providing documented feedback.
- Carrying out technical interviews with potential Engineers and providing documented feedback.
- Creating and reviewing technical designs for development work with support from Technical Leads.
- Building positive and constructive working relationships with other members of the Engineering Chapter and other Bitwala stakeholders that are based on respect, empathy, open-mindedness and honesty.
- You have gained at least 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Golang
- Hands-on mentality: people know you as a proactive problem-solver, who is not afraid to take ownership and accountability
- You are fluent in English or German and are known for your team collaboration skills
- You are interested in crypto and blockchain, and want to join our mission to become the world's first leading crypto bank. Experience in Crypto and/or blockchain is not a requirement
- To work on a meaningful, and innovative crypto-banking products to add real value to our customers lives
- A competitive salary
- Additional private health and dental care
- Working with the latest technology along with an agile environment to work as efficiently as possible - https://stackshare.io/TechPods/blockchain-team-go
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lot’s of technology events
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home or even remotely
- MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor and wellness activities as well as live classes
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings, regular team building events to get to know your co-workers, and unforgettable company trips
To apply for this role, please send us your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.