Senior Java EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently hiring a Seinior Java Engineer for a leading provider in the new emerging Fintech world. Their Financial Platform as a Service enables companies to provide end-to-end financial services that are traditionally otherwise outsourced. Our client empowers organizations to add new revenue channels, increase value to the customer and improve client retention, from day one.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and maintain high performance, distributed, business critical applications in the FinTech field.
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches.
- Solve challenging problems, while working in a highly dynamic and technologically driven environment.
- Own your code from development to production.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of Java design and development (server side);
- Knowledge and experience in microservices and distributed systems. Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs;
- Experience with async communication and event-driven messaging architecture;
- Good technical skills with deep understanding of the development lifecycle, methodologies & best practices;
- Ability to execute end to end from design to implementation;
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
- Experience with Mongo or similar document-oriented NoSQL databas;
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot;
- You know how to cover your code with tests;
- Very good English skills.
We would consider a plus if you have experience with:
- CI/CD processes;
- Cloud-based services (AWS is a plus);
- Concurrency and multi-threading;
- Data structures and algorithms;
- Big O notation and performance analysis;
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Excellent salary
- Flexibility with working hours
- Full-time role with a labor contract
- Self-development budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
- Part of a strong local tech community with lot’s of technology events etc
- Additional private health and dental care
- Multisport card
- Optional work from home/remote
- Regular team-building events
- Laptop + Monitor
To apply for this role, please send your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.