PHP DeveloperSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company based in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnership, as opposed to vendorship.
We are currently looking for a PHP Developer for our newest UK-based partner, an award-winning hotel website and booking service specialising in finding the world’s most inspiring boutique hotels. Founded in 2003, the company maintains a hand-picked and anonymously reviewed collection of 1,500 of the world’s most stylish hotels and villas.
The technology team that takes responsibility for creating and updating a large variety of global systems. They are a growing team, with back-end and front-end developers, QAs, designers/UX, DevOps engineers and product owners, organised into cross-functional scrum teams. And they look to remain ahead of the curve and adopt leading-edge technologies where these can help us achieve our goals and targets.
Is this job for me?
If you are enthusiastic, bursting with ideas for ways to improve systems you work with and are always looking to improve your skills. You are ready to collaborate with your team and come up with more and more awesome solutions. You have experience in writing backend services in PHP and want to join a growing team, developing our website and contributing to our re-engineering to a modern microservice based architecture using technologies, including Symfony, RabbitMQ, MySQL and ElasticSearch. You want to work with a great team who care that they are doing the right thing in the right way.
What you'll be doing:
This role is a backend developer role in a Linux/Symfony environment. You will be contributing to the development an API-driven architecture, moving to a microservice pattern.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in writing backend services in PHP 7
- Experience with Framework e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Zend
- JIRA - Agile, Scrum experience (sprints, retrospectives)
- Excellent development principles such as DRY and SOLID
- TDD/Unit testing (PhpUnit/ PhpSpec)
- Relational databases ideally MySQL
- Knowledge of design patterns
We would consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- Excellent knowledge of Symfony
- Microservice experience
- Experience with queuing technology, ideally RabbitMQ
- Experience working in the travel industry. Understanding how rates and availability work would be a major plus.
- Experience working with high-traffic websites
- Experience of ElasticSearch
- Experience with GoLang
- Experience with NodeJS + GraphQL
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Additional private health and dental care
- 25 days paid holidays
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- Co-funded MultiSport card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.