Senior Systems EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
Since 2018 TechPods' innovative co-sourcing model of work has enabled companies to scale faster and team members to develop significantly in the desired field of the IT industry. TechPods relies on transparency and trust and builds dedicated teams with its partners. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
Our partner is currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer. They have become one of Ireland’s most trusted managed IT services providers for a wide range of sectors in the last 16 years. Their focus on I.T, networks, systems and cybersecurity ensures that all data and systems are protected.
The ideal candidate would be a subject matter expertise in cloud infrastructure including Azure and Office 365 as well as a solid understanding of on-premise technology including networking, Windows Servers and HPE Storages. This role would require experience in the consulting, design, implementation, and support of these technologies at a very high level.
What you will be doing as a Senior Systems Engineer:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders including account managers, project managers and the Service Delivery team to ensure the provision of the highest level of service to our customers with the aim of decreasing cost and increasing efficiency, transparency and security
- Mentoring of our junior engineers in relation to the management, administration, emerging technologies and best practice
- Act as an escalation point for issue resolution
- Install and configure servers and applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve system errors and inefficiencies
What we are looking for:
- 6- 8 Years’ Experience in a Senior IT Engineer, IT Infrastructure Engineer, with proven ability in delivering projects and working on critical incidents
- Excellent all-round IT infrastructure technical knowledge, including infrastructure design, delivery and documentation
- Knowledge of infrastructure industry trends such as Cloud Computing – IaaS, PaaS and other emerging technologies
- Vendor management and the technical supervision of their services
- Third level IT qualification or IT Certifications – MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Azure Administrator (AZ-104)
- An effective problem solver with an ability to motivate technical teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people at all levels, both internally & externally
- Able to work in a team environment
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills
In-depth technical knowledge of the following is essential:
- Windows Server features and roles - Active Directory, Domain Controller replication, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Terminal Server, DFS replication, File Server (Shares, NTFS, Quota) and Terminal Server
- Microsoft Office 365 Products, Apps and services
- Virtualised Environments (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience in managing technologies in Microsoft Azure - NSG, AVD, vNET, Virtual Machines, backups jobs, Azure Load Balancer and Azure Application Gateway
- SAN Storages - HPE MSA storages and Dell Compellent Storages ISCSI and FC connections
- Firewall (SonicWALL, Fortinet)
- Networking - MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, Routers and Switches (HP, Aruba)
We would consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- Linux administration
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Full-time role with a labor contract
- High-end Windows machine + Monitor & all needed peripheral devices
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events etc
- Hybrid working time
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Regular team-building events
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.