DevOps / Site Reliability EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
We’re currently hiring a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer for one of our clients, an innovative technology company which is the UK’s second largest supplier of energy to homes and businesses.
Our client's purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!"
You will become part of a dedicated engineering team based in Sofia, working directly with your team in the UK.
Is this the job for me?
We are looking for excellent engineers and whilst experience is important, ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude; we see Site Reliability Engineering as a mindset.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be exposed to engineering tools that improve production & deployment capabilities for all teams; solutions that provide scalable foundations to building high-performing services
- Work on defined projects, directly with teams, that aim to give their operations a boost, such as improving continuous delivery pipelines with pipelines and infrastructure as code
- Align with the rest of Engineering Services in driving operational excellence & best practices around service performance, deployment, monitoring and availability
Where will I be working?
You will be joining the Engineering Services team whose mission is to ensure that the company’s software engineering teams have the right conditions to build and operate high-performance, reliable, secure & scalable systems. You’ll provide coaching, implementation and guidance on improvements to infrastructure and observability across teams.The Engineering Services team creates software tools, infrastructure and automation that are reusable across many software teams while being reliable for the future.
This is a varied role where you’ll be exposed to the full technology stack and will work across projects spanning deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE, performance engineering, release engineering and monitoring distributed systems, all with close collaboration with engineering teams.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A strong background in software engineering; we don’t mind what language! (Python, Scala, Clojure, Java etc.)
- Extensive system design experience
- Knowledge in Site Reliability Engineering
- Interest in distributed systems and data streaming architecture
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS / GCP)
- CD/CI tooling & continuous delivery best practices
- Network & Security knowledge
- Knowledge/interest in Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience in scripting languages and automation practices
- Demonstrable experience in agile and XP environments
- Ability to articulate improvements within software engineering for operational benefit
- An inquisitive and curious approach, with confidence to tackle difficult problems
- Rapid adoptee of merit-proven new approaches & technologies
- Problem solver / structured thinker
- Always happy to help and a natural sharer of knowledge
From us, you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technologies
- Excellent salary
- Full time role with a labour contract
- MacBook Pro + Monitor (2nd screen)
- Self development budget to spend on books, courses, events etc
- Part of a strong local tech community with lot’s of technology events etc
- Additional private health and dental care
- Multisport card
- Optional work from home / remote
- Regular team building events
To apply for this role, please send your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.