Junior DevOps EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company based in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent co-sourcing model enables companies to scale fast while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within a partnership, as opposed to vendorship.
We are currently hiring a Junior DevOps Engineer for our USA-based partner. As a leader in their field, they pride themselves on delivering the best customer experience for their clients. They redefine the e-commerce experience in the automotive industry. The platform, which our partner has been building since 2021, is leveraging high-tech technologies such as React, Java, Spring, and PostgreSQL.
About the role
As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will be integral in supporting and maintaining our advanced technology platform. It is on Microsoft Azure, which incorporates Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and adheres to modern software architecture principles such as microservices and event-driven APIs. This position is an opportunity to grow into a crucial role, offering hands-on experience with a sophisticated technology stack, the chance to learn from seasoned professionals, and the potential to impact the operational success of our e-commerce platform significantly.
What you’ll be doing
- Incident Management: Act as the first responder for service disruptions or incidents outside regular business hours. Your responsibilities include triaging, diagnosing, and, where necessary, escalating issues to the appropriate senior staff
- On-Call Support: You will be the initial point of contact for any after-hours issues. Moreover, making sure they are addressed swiftly and effectively
- Service Desk Functions: Provide classic IT support following ITIL best practices, including processing MAC requests and managing service desk operations
- Operational Support and Learning: Perform routine operational tasks with the opportunity to learn from the expertise of senior DevOps and SRE team members. This learning journey will involve taking on increasingly complex tasks and contributing to the team’s continuous improvement efforts
- Monitoring and Documentation: Maintain vigilance over cloud services and infrastructure through proactive monitoring. Document operational procedures meticulously and create comprehensive incident reports to contribute to the team's knowledge base
- Continuous Skill Development: Develop skills in Microsoft Azure and infrastructure as code (IaC) to support our technology stack's evolution. Review and improve our Zendesk implementation - SLAs, reporting, triggers, notifications, etc.
About your profile
- A foundational understanding of cloud services and infrastructure, with a preference for Microsoft Azure experience
- An introduction to monitoring tools and an understanding of incident management processes
- Basic knowledge of microservices architecture and API-driven systems
- A proactive problem-solving approach, especially in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of effectively articulating technical challenges and solutions to various stakeholders within the company
- A team-oriented mindset, ready to collaborate and ensure the reliability and performance of our e-commerce platform
- An eagerness to absorb knowledge from experienced DevOps engineers and a commitment to continuous personal and professional development
What you’ll get from us:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Additional private health and dental care
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- Co-funded MultiSport Card / Cool Fit Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
- Co-funded Transportation card
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact on the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company clubs, initiatives & regular teambuildings
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, and events
If you would like to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.