Java Software EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for a Java Software Engineer that will work collaboratively within a fast-driven software development team. The position is open for a UK- based market leader whose purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal." If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Is this the job for me?
We're interested in hands-on engineers with expertise in at least one programming language - if your experience doesn't match our stack exactly then don't worry, we hire based on software engineering talent, not language-specific skill set. We’re interested in engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
You’re the right person for us if:
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement
- You believe strongly in test-driven development and continuous delivery
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
- You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery
- You have experience building highly performant applications
The tech stack is:
- Strong experience with Java 11
- Experience with Kotlin
- Good understanding of Quarkus
- Desirable to have experience with Terraform
- It would be a plus, if you are familiar with - AWS, Spring, Camel and CircleCI
From us, you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Excellent salary
- Full-time role with a labor contract
- Self-development budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
- Part of a strong local tech community with lot’s of technology events etc
- Additional private health and dental care
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Optional work from home/remote
- Regular team-building events
- MacBook Pro + Monitor
To apply for this role, please send your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.