Software Engineer (Java / Kotlin)Sofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for a Software Engineer that will work collaboratively within a fast-driven software development team. The position is open for a UK- based market leader whose purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal." If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Is this the job for me?
We're interested in hands-on engineers with expertise in at least one programming language - if your experience doesn't match our stack exactly then don't worry, we hire based on software engineering talent, not language-specific skill set. We’re interested in engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
You’re the right person for us if:
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement
- You believe strongly in test-driven development and continuous delivery
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
- You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery
- You have experience building highly performant applications
The tech stack is:
- Strong experience with Java 11
- Experience with Kotlin
- Good understanding of Quarkus
- Desirable to have experience with Terraform
- It would be a plus, if you are familiar with - AWS, Spring, Camel and CircleCI
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies.
- Additional private health and dental care.
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely.
- Co-funded MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities.
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued.
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company.
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events.
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
- MacBook Pro + Monitor & all needed peripheral devices
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.