Senior Software EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer that will work collaboratively within a fast-driven software development team. The position is open for a UK- based market leader whose purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal." If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Is this the job for me?
We're interested in hands-on engineers with expertise in at least one programming language - if your experience doesn't match our stack exactly then don't worry, we hire based on software engineering talent, not language-specific skill set. We’re interested in engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
You’re the right person for us if you possess:
- Strong hands-on experience with Node.js
- Database - PostgreSQL or MySQL;
- Desirable to have experience with Kafka
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Practical experience working with a microservice architecture
- Experience working within an agile team environment
Ideally has previous payment domain experience and/or fintech and banking expertise
In addition to that, you'll have the chance to try technologies you may like: Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Apache, and many others.
What you’ll get?
- A rare opportunity to come with us on a journey, play a key role in defining the product and your future role as we grow. At the end, we hope we can all look back on what we create and say: “we did that.”
- A competitive salary
- Additional private health and dental care
- Working with the latest technology along with an agile environment to work as efficiently as possible.
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
All applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.