Data EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
ТechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer that will work collaboratively within a fast driven software development team. The position is open for a UK- based market leader whose purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal." If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
About the role
You’ll be focused on building solutions that support our most vulnerable members as we go through the current cost of living crisis and beyond. Whether you prefer building data pipelines from scratch or transforming data, we want to hear from you.
Across all our brands we have around 350 Software/Data Engineers all with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. One key thing that all of our engineers have in common is a desire to develop brilliant, industry-redefining products as well as their own skills.
We trust our development teams to choose their tech stacks, you’ll commonly encounter Scala, Python, Kafka, GraphQL, Datadog, Docker, Kubernetes, BigQuery, and SQL. We run our services primarily in GCP.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with key stakeholders to understand their data needs and deliver solutions that provide them with excellent quality data that allows them to realize their objectives
- Using your domain expertise to design data models that represent key entities within our domain
- Transforming and cleansing source data using ETL or streaming data pipelines
- Automating the ingestion of data from various sources including BigQuery and Kafka
- Driving software development, security, and infrastructure best practices that facilitate the delivery of high-quality, stable solutions
You’re the right person for us if you possess:
- A proven track record of designing, building, testing, monitoring, and managing large-scale data products, pipelines, tooling, and platforms
- Strong experience in SQL
- A thorough understanding of at least one programming language (intermediate Python essential)
- Minimum 2 years working with cloud-based data solutions (preferably utilizing GCP)
- A detailed understanding of data engineering principles and frameworks
- You will be comfortable working in an agile software development environment and have experience with CI/CD and deployment strategies
From us, you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Excellent salary
- Full-time role with a labor contract
- Self-development budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
- Part of a strong local tech community with lot’s of technology events etc
- Additional private health and dental care
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Optional work from home/remote
- Regular team-building events
- MacBook Pro + Monitor & all needed peripheral devices
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.