Senior Java DeveloperSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lays within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for a Senior Java Developer for a UK-based partner that is passionate about reviews. Review insights help brands improve their service and products, and help consumers make informed decisions. Every day our partners collect thousands of trustworthy reviews for thousands of brands.
What you'll be doing:
- Design technical solutions to functional requirements that scale effectively and efficiently across massive and complex data sets;
- Translate functional requirements and technical designs into API code, implementing the business logic between our data persistence layer and our consumer and merchant facing web applications;
- Writing unit tests;
- Writing technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers;
- Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team with joint responsibility for DevOps functions such as configuration management, CI and monitoring;
- Assisting in the mentoring of other team members in Agile practice & design principles;
What we're looking for:
- Excellent Java development skills, including database interactions and concurrency. (Java 8 or higher)
- Good hands-on experience with the development of RESTful APIs
- JUnit / mocking frameworks
- Experience of Agile development design principles
- Relational/SQL and No-SQL databases, ideally Google DataStore and BigQuery
- Source version control, ideally Git
We would consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- Software development of a product/service provided as SaaS
- Development on highly-scalable, highly-available applications with large datasets
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Build Automation Tools, ideally Maven
- Deployment Frameworks
- Test Automation Frameworks
- Test-Driven Development
- Behaviour Driven Development
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Additional private health and dental care
- 25 days paid holidays + 1 day Birthday off :)
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.