Senior Quality Automation EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently looking for a Senior Quality Automation Engineer that will work collaboratively within a fast-driven software development team. The position is open for UK- based market leader, whose purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. "To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!"
What will be the project you will be working on:
Our partner currently takes payments from a multitude of payment providers and via multiple different methods, with different payment needs across each of their brands. This has led to an extremely complex payments landscape within the organization, with many of their businesses duplicating effort in lengthy and expensive integrations into the same payment providers. To solve this problem they are building a Payments Orchestration Layer (POL), into which they will integrate all current and future payment service providers.
- Reviewing user stories and solution designs to ensure they are testable and verifiable (acceptance criteria are present for example) authoring test cases and planning test runs to ensure coverage is sufficient to prove the quality of the user story
- Executing test runs and managing the bug process for the squad to ensure timely and quality deliverables
- Creating test reports to provide management with information to help them make decisions on releases
- Assisting with release planning to ensure a smooth delivery, ensuring that good levels of post-release checks are in place and that it’s been made “safe to fail” where possible
- Ensuring that any known issues are communicated clearly to the support teams when releasing new features/projects to ensure a smoother release process
- Helping create comprehensive documentation that can be used by all members of the QA Team to assist with testing activities
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work to a deadline and prioritize your own work
- An understanding of some or all of the following business processes, meter appointment booking, planning/dispatch/scheduling, jeopardy planning, SMETS 1 & 2 commissioning will be a plus.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate complicated investigations into clear and concise information
- Good hands on experience with Cypress
- Additional private health and dental care
- Working with the latest technology along with a Kanban environment to work as efficiently as possible.
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home or even remotely
- MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor and wellness activities
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings
If you seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge then send your CV in English. :)
𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙙𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮.