Data EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company with offices in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model, which is very similar to the Spotify one, enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success is within partnering, as opposed to vendoring.
We're currently in a search for a Data Engineer, for a UK-based partner that is passionate about reviews. Review insights help brands improve their service and products, and help consumers make informed decisions. Every day our partners collect thousands of trustworthy reviews for thousands of brands.
Your Primary Responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineering, product and data teams to build impactful data products and infrastructure:
- Intuitive and useful insight products such as visualization and reporting tools, both for our clients and internal teams.
- Adaptable and reliable datasets and models to support these products.
- Efficient, reliable and scalable data pipelines and tools.
- Own, maintain and continuously improve internal data engineering stack and capability using best in class technology.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years' experience as a Data Engineer on cloud infrastructure (we use Google Cloud).
- Experience with data warehousing (eg: Google BigQuery), data processing (eg: Apache Spark, Beam), and pipeline design and orchestration (e.g Airflow or Cloud Composer).
- Experience working with a variety of data formats and databases, both relational/SQL, No-SQL (Cloud Datastore, MongoDB), and storage (S3 or Google Storage).
- Proficiency with at least one object-oriented programming language, ideally Python or Java 8+.
- Proficiency in SQL for data management and querying.
- Experience working with co-located and remote engineers with agile methodologies.
- Experience with modern development and deployment tools (Github, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes).
What we will consider as a plus:
- Exposure to or interest in Machine Learning tools and techniques.
- Experience with event streaming or messaging services at scale.
- Exposure to document/text data.
- Interest in data management and data quality.
- Experience or exposure to micro-services.
- Exposure with highly scalable, highly available applications with large datasets.
What you'll get:
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Additional private health and dental care
- 25 days paid holidays + 1 day Birthday off :)
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.