Senior Embedded EngineerSofia, Bulgaria
TechPods is a UK-based technology co-sourcing company based in Bulgaria. Unlike traditional IT outsourcing companies, TechPods' fully transparent model enables companies to scale quicker, while mitigating risk and reducing costs. We strongly believe that traditional outsourcing is dead, and the key to long-term success lies within partnership, as opposed to vendorship.
We're currently hiring a Senior Embedded Engineer for our UK-based partner that is creating a domestic profiling platform. This is а fully automated (AI) in-home assistant that analyzes and saves energy through big data. Its mission is to help you reduce your personal carbon footprint and show you how many trees you can save by doing so.
About the role
We are looking for Senior Embedded Engineer with deep knowledge of Linux and proficiency in coding and scripting. We use low-level Linux boot, BIOS, firmware and embedded software development methodologies to support our Hub v1 and to develop Hub v2 as part of a small team.
- Detailed design of embedded software functionality to meet Hub v2 requirements
- Working with development partners, including the firmware production process
- Contribute to and maintain code and firmware repositories
- In-life support of existing deployed embedded device
- Troubleshooting and analysis
Skills and desired experience
- Decent experience in embedded software / firmware engineering
- Embedded C expertise
- Use of agile development methodologies to design and develop firmware for the device
- Expertise with build tools and services including buildroot, Linux, shell scripts and python
- Knowledge of IP networking protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Creating and maintaining over the air (OTA) update firmware solution
- Expert analysis and troubleshooting, testing and debugging
- Fluent in English - written and spoken
Nice to have
- Track record developing on MIPS architecture
- Has integrated devices with Microsoft Azure SDK and Microsoft IoT solution based on IoT Hub
- Experience of Microsoft or similar Device Provisioning System (DPS)
- Experience with ZigBee certification process
- Experience with Silicon Labs Mighty Gecko ZigBee SDK and environment
What you'll get
- Excellent opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies
- Additional private health and dental care
- 25 days paid holidays
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office, from home, or even remotely
- Co-funded MultiSport Card to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor, and wellness activities
- Having the great opportunity to work with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact on the company
- Part of a strong local tech community with lots of technology events
- Keep up-to-date with weekly company meetings & regular teambuildings.
- Self-development monthly budget to spend on books, courses, events, etc.
Should you choose to accept this mission, please send your CV in English.
Аll applications will be treated in a timely and confidential manner.